Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cosmic Zoom

The inspiration for this film is very similar to the Eames' brothers' Powers of 10, a film that is well beloved of everyone here at Science Patrol Central.  However, Cosmic Zoom's use of animation, its construction as a single long zoom, and its charming music have vaulted it to the forefront of my mind, and earned it a place on this blog.  It also commemorates the fact that the complete archives of the Film Board of Canada have been placed online, and that you should browse them extensively.  If I were to suggest a non-science film for your viewing, it might be The Cat Came Back, which I saw some years ago; but then again it might not, for I have not yet browsed these halls as much as I would like.  For instance, this film by the same animator also looks interesting. 



No comments: