Friday, June 26, 2009

The Future of Science as I understand it...

Welcome again, seekers! Adept followers of SciencePatrol.net know that we here at headquarters report on all manner of findings retrieved from various timespheres and eventualities; be they factual, fictitious, or merely fictive. But seldom do we report on the goings on of the ones behind the machines, our own corporeal avatars in this timesphere, here on our native eventuality. They are known by different names, and consist of matter and mass which we lack; nonetheless we here at SciencePatrol are born of their ideas.

Know then, that this is Lance Cardigan reporting from in the field. In this very dimension. Right now.
Today I attended an orientation session for acceptted transfer students at Drexel University's Westphal College of Media Arts and Design. I will begin my studies proper there in roughly three lunar cycles in the Digital Media Bachelor of Science program. Visiting the labs today has inspired me to share some of the work already underway at the college by students other than myself. I hope to bring you much more news of my own experiments in the coming future, but for now I invite you to enjoy the work of those that have gone before me. May my own muse shine as brilliantly as their's.
Below are images from the 2009 Digital Media Review, which showcases student work from the Digital Media program. Looks like I will be in league with some excellent talents, as well as some worthy adversaries. I look forward to 2010(tywmc).
As per usual protocols, I share only a tantalizing fragment of the entire showcase. Intrepid Junior Science Patrollers know that to make breakthroughs, they must preform their own research. We at SP merely give you the tools.


Again, the entire show is just a click away.