Saturday, November 17, 2007

What You are Now Watching is Only the Beginning

On Friday night I was witness to a wonderful nocturnal display that I would compare to the Northern Lights: only through being in the right place at the right time would one be able to seee something totally incredible.

Leaving all hyperbole aside, what did happen? New York Public Access did play, at 1:30 AM, a program that I have described in my logs as "the channel-surfing of the Gods." The specific Gods would in any paper of record be nameless, but were definitely chthonic, eldritch, lustful and bloodthirsty, and some were quite depraved. It was a bad-ass display, and despite my best efforts, the VCR recorded only static and some harrowing moans that weren't part of the original broadcast. This Youtube clip is low quality, but more is available here.



It's called Concrete TV, and the God in question is Concrete Ron, the latest recipient of a Science Patrol Medal of Infinite Density. We ran out of Scanning Tunneling Electron Microscopes, so our new gift to honorees is a pair of welding goggles that allow the wearer to stick their face inside any substance to see what's inside. I tried my pair on everything from an iron foundry to Aria Giovanni, and I know you're gonna get a kick out out of these.

No comments: